Friday, January 21, 2011

Week 7

Hey everyone! so heres my weekly update!
1-11-2011
I just got back from the temple and oh boy was it amazing!!! I love going to the temple I wish we could go like everyday! today was like the first p-day that at the end of the day I didnt feel like I spent most of my time writing letters. Jeffery R Holland came to the devotional and talked to us about how to become better missionarys and how we should live after our missions, it was so amazing that about one out of every three guys were crying afterwards just because the spirit was so strong! today was a great day full of inspiration.
1-12-2011
Today was the best TRC day ever! (by the way the trc is where we go to teach investigators) we played some simon say in ukrainian, it took us 30 min just to get out side which the door was only 30 min away. We had the TRC tonight and I taught in 100% ukrainian and I wasnt nervous at all... well I was for the first half then I calmed down and it went really well, we coud even feel the spirit :) I know the Lord helped me today. oh yeah I forgot my Companion Elder Flint traded a B.o.M for a tie haha it was so funny!
1-13-2011
well its thursday which means it was a really chill day, I think we need to push ourselves more on thursday. cause I dont feel like I really ever do anything, oh but I did get a letter from JESS!
1-14-2011
Today was a lot like yesterday except I spoke a whole lot more ukrainian today which was really good, I am starting to make some more new friends which is good, I've noticed a lot of the people I'm becoming friends with are the "popular" people I didnt care much for in high school, whats up with that?
1-15-2011
well I had class like every other day but today was fun because I got to play b-ball and review ukrainian, I love when we have activitys in class, I also learned that I'm not very good at teaching a 10 min lesson when I only have 2 min to prepare.
1-16-2011
today was kind of a crazy day, it was a really emotional day but good. I did the usual, studied a lot of ukrainian, wrote my 5 min ukrainian talk, thankgoodness I didnt have to give the talk though cause it would have been bad. I talked to the bishop today cause I've been getting a little home sick so he told me I just need to look for the positive things in life and that I need to relax, he said I am to uptight.
1-17-2011
Today was a hard day too, but I had my first good dream! and by that I mean I dont have many dreams and most of the time my dreams are about me having fun before my mission and then I wake up and realize I'm really on a mission and cant do that for the next 2 years. oh but I read some cool stuff in Alma 22 today! I love the things you can learn from the scriptures (read alma 18 and then 22) I found out that Aaron copies exactly what Alma did in the way they teach it was so cool to see how that worked.
This week was a hard week, but it was a good week,
I sent out my mail already so you should be getting it in the next day or two, but I didnt get much mail so I didnt really know what to write about.
anyways I love you all I hope your doing well
Elder Kevin Carlisle

No comments:

Post a Comment