Thursday, January 13, 2011

Week 6

1-4-2011
its p-day! i got to go to the temple with the older district for the last time this week cause they all leave by wednesday :( its so hard to feel good about a p-day i always feel like I've wasted it even though i write like a million letters and I do everything that i really need to do. i cant wait to meet all the new elders next week though!
1-5-2011
Well the older district left this morning at like 5 am, it made me really sad to see them go i wish that i could have gone with them because they were all really cool, but i guess i'll just have to see them in two years :D oh I got to be a new missionary host today! it was way fun showing new elders to the rooms and classes it was way cool being able to see their excitment and worries haha there was this one kid who was pretty chill with everything and the only question he asked me was "hey when is lunch? did I miss it?" it was fun meeting new strangers! I also had the TRC tonight lets just say my head was ready to explode. we had to teach in 100% ukrainian and i have the vocab of a 5 year old.... but i made it out alive and the teachers seemed really impressed so thats good and to finish off the great day I got a package from Jessica! dang i love that girl :D
1-6-2011
today was pretty laid back, I feel like they really push us the first half of the week and the second half is all just review, which is pretty nice I guess. its also service day which was way fun, elder Flint and i took some sweet pictures! I think he and i make a really good companionship
1-7-2011
Today was another uneventful day. i went to class and my head, like every other day, really hurts.... not a whole lot happened sorry guys
1-8-2011
got up....went to gym...kicked butt... had a hard time with the door approach in all ukrainian....watched a movie... wrote a talk (100% ukrainian).....dinner...MDT... and now here i am...
i did have to teach a principle today from PMG and my teacher said I use to much logic, that I answer every question with a scripture and that I need to rely more on the spirit and what i feel not what i know. that's gonna be really hard for me cause i learn thing based on if its logical or not and so i need like a million scriptures to know something is true.
1-9-2011
lets just say it was the most stressful sunday ever! I had to cunduct music, say a prayer(in ukrainian), teach a lesson, and give a 5 min talk in 100% ukrainian....MY HEAD HURTS. I've been a little homesick these past couple of days but its getting better :) I learned a lot about repentace today i'll have to send you my notes sometime.
1-10-2011
So I had to teach a lesson today and I had no idea what to say my mind was completly blank, but as soon as i started to speak the words just came to me and I and my teacher knew exactly what I was saying, it was so cool. oh and I have to speak only ukrainian durning lunch and I did it! I spoke to the russians in 100% ukrainian and any of the other words I didnt know I had to make guestures but it was so cool cause we understood each other! \\
This week was really hard for me but I really started to grow and to see what it means to work, and to be a missionary. I love you all!
oh by the way tell jessica she doesnt have to send me a package this week, I'll live with out, but if she really needs to send me something, just send me ravioli or something i dont know I dont really need that much here, or she could steal my ugly ties from you guys and send me those
i love you all
Elder Kevin Carlisle

No comments:

Post a Comment